Official Jimmy Phelps website
|Driver: Heinke-Baldwin Racing No. 98H Wave Energy Drink-Mohawk Northeast Troyer
Birthdate: April 1, 1975
Hometown: Syracuse, N.Y.
Resides: Baldwinsville, N.Y.
- 50+ Modified Career Wins
- 2007 DIRTcar NorthEast Central Regional Points Champion
- Had three track championship wins in 2007:
- Fulton Speedway Big Block Modified Track Champion (4 wins)
- Cayuga County Speedway Big Block Modified Track Champion (4 wins)
- Rolling Wheels Raceway Park Big Block Mofidied Track Champion (1 win)
- 2000 Super DIRT Week Rookie of the Race
- 1999 358 Modified Track Champion at Fulton Speedway
- 1995 358 Modified Track Champion and Rookie of the Year at Brewerton Speedway
- 1994 Sportsman Track Champion at Fulton Speedway
- Won three track Rookie of the Year awards in 1992 and 1991:
- Fulton Speedway Sportsman Modified Division
- Brewerton Speedway Sportsman Modified Division
- Brewerton Speedway 4-Cylinder Street Stock Division
|Jimmy Phelps, driver of the No. 98 Wave Energy Drink car for Heinke-Baldwin Racing, experienced great success in the Super DIRTcar Series throughout his five full seasons of racing.
Known as the ‘B’Ville Blizzard,’ Jimmy displayed gradual improvement every year in the Super DIRTcar Series. Jimmy made an immediate impact upon entering the Super DIRTcar Series, winning the Super DIRT Week Rookie of Race in 2000.
At 35 years old, Jimmy raced in several series and accumulated more than 50 wins in his career. The Baldwinsville, N.Y., native won track championships at four racetracks across New York State.
Jimmy has also shown his ability to win at tracks away from his home state of New York, as well as across the border in Canada. Jimmy won at Williams Grove (Penn.) Speedway in 2006, Merrittville in Thorold, Ontario in 2008 and again in Ontario at Cornwall Motor Speedway in 2009.
In 2008, Jimmy had his best season in the Super DIRTcar Series. Posting one win, Jimmy finished 2nd in the Super DIRTcar series final standings. With the support of Heinke-Baldwin Racing and Wave Energy Drink, it seems as if it is only a matter of time before Jimmy captures his first Super DIRTcar Series championship.
Away from the track, Jimmy enjoys snowmobiling, listening to music and spending time with his wife, Shannon, and daughters Ashley, Sadie and Chelsea.